Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention. I can put them up on ebay as a buy now.

$400.00 would be nice

ship from 01602

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not interested in buying yours, as I have three of them, but they should be worth more that $400. - "IF" they are in good condition. Do the woofers need new surrounds, and do you have the optional grills? If the cabinets are decent, I would think $500 would be better. You can always relist lower if they don't sell.

Two of mine are made of NOS parts in custom made 9842 cabinets, so I would value them at about $550. a pair.

Richard C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Richard,
    can you tell me what you think of your 9842's? My pair are oak cabinets with original grilles in pretty good shape overall. The woofers need new surrounds.

What do these sound like when they are up to snuff say compared to a 604 or a model 19? I've played mine but the foam rotted shortly after I got them so I never really got to give them a workout.

Thanks for your info!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, you have the "D" model. Very nice! I have the 9842"A" model which are gray painted particle board! I have them in my shop, so I don't need a pretty monitor - I don't even have grills for my reproduction cabinets! New surrounds will run you about $30. or so from Bill H. at Great Plains Audio. I had one done there and it's beautiful!

I have modified the crossovers in both my 9842's and my Model 14's to roll off the lows above 1700Hz (instead of having the woofer go full range). My HF section is very similar to the Model 19 crossover.

I have never had my Model 14's and my Model 19's in the same room to test, but I like the wide dispersion CD horn of the 9842/Model 14. The Bass is strong to 50Hz, and very usable to 40. Room gain really helps. I listen at 10 to 12 feet. I know the horn is very much different than the 811 of the Model 19, but I like them both.

Richard C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I now have the Model 14 / 9842 schematic and response curves on my web site: Richard's web page

There are two variations of the original schematic; one has the .67 mh inductor and the other without the inductor. The 3rd one with the zobel network is my modification. The graphs don't show the "exact" response, but you will get the idea.

Richard C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, Does anyone know the frequency crossover of the 9842 crossover. Would this work on a model 32 horn with a 800 series driver? What about using them on some 604's or 605's Thanks for any input, Roger

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic - My link on my previous post to the model 14 crossover info on my personal webpage has been hi-jacked. I don't think I can edit it, so I'm probably screwed. I hope whoever did it is proud of himself! A$$hole! If anyone knows of a way out of this, could you please email me.

Anyway, getting back to the Model 14 & 9842, the crossover freq. is in no-way an exact thing. The woofer is allowed to run full range and the HF driver (902) comes in very gradual. I suppose it is somewhere around 1.7 to 2 kHz. I modified the crossover and I shared it on my personal webpage, But NOW it's been redirected!

Richard C.

Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Do you have the factory 902's in your 14's? Have you tried modifing the 902 by removing the loading cap and putting on a regular 902 cover with a felt pad? I was wondering if this makes a difference on the 14. I have all of the parts to make a pair and I would be assuming that the modified 902 (to normal 902-8A spec's) would be prefered.

Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Greets!

Glad to see you figured out how to fix your site. Thanks for sharing!

GM